in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 12, 2016

ARC Review: Once and For All by Cheryl Etchison


I couldn't wait to read Once and For All by Cheryl Etchison when I first read the blurb. This book pretty much checked all the boxes when it came to some of my favorite things in romance novels. I just can't say no to second chance love, friends to lovers, and a military hero! But while I was excited to read this story, I was a little nervous because this is Cheryl Etchison's debut novel. I shouldn't have worried at all though because this book was great! I loved it and I already can't wait for the next in the series! 

While home on leave, Danny MacGregor comes face to face with Bree Dunbar, only she is no longer the same girl he left behind ten years ago. She lost her job, has battled cancer twice, and has been forced to stay with her parents to try and set herself up to once again be on her own and find a fresh start. Danny will do whatever it takes to help her, but no one is more shocked than him when he offers her a marriage of convenience. Though he is the last person Bree should take help from, she finds herself agreeing and the two of them come up with a plan to help her get back on her feet before she walks away from him. But both of them quickly discover that life has other plans for them, and feelings thought to be long gone are stronger than ever. 

I really liked these two. I felt like they had both done things that were mistakes along the way, but they weren't done in a malicious way. Danny had struggled to find his place and he did what he thought he needed to. No he didn't handle things the best, but he wound up were he was supposed to be and he had never gotten over the guilt he felt of his actions and how they hurt Bree. It was nice to see him help her and rediscover all that they had before he had left plus get to know who she had become. Bree was one of those heroines that you couldn't help but like right away. She was smart and strong, and despite all that she had been through she was positive. She had moments where things got to her, but she didn't wallow or become bitter and she was determined to live her life on her terms. I loved that she let Danny back in and found a way to leave the past behind them and move forward. These two had a very strong connection and chemistry, and I really enjoyed seeing them take their history and build on it to create something lasting. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The characters were great, and the story was interesting and well written. Once I had started, I didn't want to put it down and read this one pretty much straight through. It was sweet and heartfelt, and I just loved it. I know this definitely won't be the last story I read from Cheryl Etchison, and I am already looking forward to more in this series! I really loved Danny's brother Michael, and I hope that he gets his own story soon because I would love to see more of him. I highly recommend this book if you are a fan of military or contemporary romance books.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment