in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 19, 2016

ARC Review: Ramsay by Mia Sheridan


Ramsay is the newest book in the Sign of Love series by Mia Sheridan. I have really enjoyed every book I have read in this series, and each book is a standalone story based on one sign with Ramsay being based on Aries. This book was really good just like all the others that I have read from Mia, and I honestly cannot recommend this series enough. I am already looking forward to the next one. 

Brogan Ramsay fell in love with Lydia De Havilland seven years ago. He was the son of her family's gardener and while their circumstances were different, he never saw her betrayal coming. It not only cost him the girl he loved, but also cost his family everything. Now years later he has worked hard to overcome his circumstances and the tables have turned. Ramsay is powerful now and is determined to get revenge for everything his family has been through. Determined to make Lydia and her family pay, Ramsay quickly discovers that just as he is no longer the same person he was, neither is Lydia. But nothing is ever as it seems, and Lydia and Brogan have secrets that could change everything. 

I felt so much for Brogan. He had been through a lot and I hated that it had changed him in so many ways. While I wanted him to succeed, I hated that he had been hurt and was no longer the sweet boy he had been but was now cold and ruthless. The feelings he felt for Lydia were still there, and it was clear that nothing had changed as far as the pull between them went. Lydia though was a different story for me. I had some trouble with her character. While I wanted to hate her for everything that had happened, I knew there had to be more to the story and there definitely was. But I also couldn't quite get over how she handled things with her brother. He was truly awful and she was so blind to everything with him. He did so many terrible things, and it seemed like she just had one excuse after another for him, always cleaning up his messes. I wanted her to stop putting so much stock into what her brother would say and do, and start trusting her feelings for Brogan and finally see what was happening right in front of her face. 

I did love the connection these two had, and once we got to see Brogan start to realize that Lydia wasn't who he had thought we did get to see some of that tenderness come back. I was so glad that he hadn't lost all of that with everything that had happened, and I did truly believe that these two were meant to be. I have to say that Lydia's brother and Brogan's ex really frustrated me at times though, and that was the reason this one wasn't a five star read for me. There were just some things that happened relating to them that kept me from absolutely loving this story. I do still highly recommend Ramsay and the entire Sign of Love series though as Mia Sheridan is a fantastic writer and I really can't get enough of her stories. If you are a fan of this series, this is a must read and if you are new to her, this series is one worth checking out. Archer's Voice is still my favorite of this series as well as being one of my all time favorite books period, but I have really liked everything I have read from Mia Sheridan and look forward to more from her.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment