in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 5, 2016

ARC Review: Break of Day by Mari Madison


My first Mari Madison book was Just This Night, the first book in the Exclusive Romance series and I really enjoyed it! I remember being so anxious for the next book because I had liked it so much, so I was really excited to read Break of Day. This is the second in the series, but each book is a standalone story though they are connected. Don't worry about starting here if you haven't read the first, but I definitely recommend both. Break of Day was as good as the first one was, and I think readers are going to really enjoy this one as much as I did.

Asher Anderson is the spoiled rich boy who had everything handed to him, and while his father owns the news station he works for Asher would rather be out surfing. Piper Strong's dream job quickly becomes a nightmare when she realizes that she was hired to be Asher's babysitter and to help try and get him to do what the suits at the station want him to do. Though Piper intends to do whatever it takes to turn her job into the career she has dreamed of, she never expected the growing attraction she feels to Asher. 

While this trope has been done so many times before, I really liked the characters. There was more to Asher than you see at first glance, and Piper was great as well. These two had a lot of chemistry and I enjoyed seeing their interactions and how things progressed between them. As we got to know them each better, they had more in common that you first think and I liked that they were able to connect because of that. These characters felt real and genuine, and I loved the depth that Mari Madison was able to show with each of them. 

Overall, I am really enjoying this series. The stories are light and are great summer reads by the pool or at the beach, yet they also have emotion and depth and aren't flat or filled with fluff. I really like Mari's writing style, and I have had a great time reading both of these books. The pacing is great and once I start I don't want to put them down. While I would say that the first in the series is still my favorite so far, I really liked this book and I am already looking forward to the next one. If you are a fan of contemporary romance, I would recommend giving this series a shot.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment