in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 26, 2016

ARC Review: In Ruins by Danielle Pearl


In Ruins is the first book that I have read from Danielle Pearl, and it is also the first book in her Something More series. I didn't quite know what to expect when starting this story, and I have to say that after finishing I still don't know exactly how I feel. I feel like there was so much promise for this story, and yet there were quite a few things that just didn't work for me. 

Carleigh thought that college would be her freedom. But with her first campus party, she quickly realizes that it isn't quite the escape she had planned when she comes across the last person that she wanted to see, Tucker. Tucker once thought that Carleigh was everything that he wanted, only to realize that she was just like every other girl that would do whatever it took to get what she wanted. But with Carleigh back around, Tucker finds himself struggling to remember the bad things as the attraction and connection he felt to Carleigh quickly return.

I liked the characters, but I will admit that there were times I struggled with the present Tucker. He was so sweet in the past and I loved that character, but there were times in the present that he came off as a jerk. I did feel like the connection and attraction between Tuck and Carl was natural though, and I did like them for one another. 

My biggest issue though is that this story felt like it was off at times. Things would feel rushed and often times disjointed. As though the flow and pacing was off. I also felt like I had been enjoying this book even with a few of the issues I had right up until the end. Something happened that changed all that for me though, and it just seemed so unnecessary to me. It felt forced and as though it was just too over the top. As much as I felt this book had potential, I just found the execution lacking. I would still be interested in reading more from Danielle Pearl, but this wasn't exactly what I had been hoping for.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment