in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 22, 2016

ARC Review: Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig


I have to admit that I am a bit torn when it comes to Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig. This book was beautifully written and I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed so much of it, and yet I am not entirely sure how I feel after finishing it. One thing is for sure, this book was a great story and I was immediately captivated by these characters. 

Maverick has been in love with Killian Shepherd for years. But he broke her heart and married her sister Jillian. Maverick always thought that he would wake up and leave her sister for her, but when he doesn't Maverick decides to marry her best friend Kael, Killian's brother. Right before she is set to wed Kael, she gives Killian one last chance, but when he doesn't take the opportunity to be with her, Maverick and Kael get married and start their lives together. But now that they are one big family, feelings and secrets make their lives more complicated than ever. 

I felt invested in these characters right away. I knew things would be complicated going into this story, and they definitely were. I struggled with who I thought was the right man for Maverick, and I could see reasons why each one was perfect for her. I felt for all of them, and the impossible situation that they were in. Humans are so complicated and we can't control our feelings. Just because you love someone doesn't necessarily mean that you belong together. As this story unfolded, I was torn and I won't say if Maverick ended up with the person that I thought she should. Ultimately, there were so many things going on here and I think that while some will be unhappy with how things turn out that most will think that everything turned out exactly as it should.

Overall, I think that this is a book that will evoke strong reactions for readers and is one that is best experienced blindly. I really believe that this story is best experienced when you don't know what is happening. This book was completely unexpected and my heart hurt for these characters through so much of this book. They were in a situation where nothing was easy, and regardless of what I felt was the right way to go, they had to each do what they felt was right for them. While the writing was beautiful and the story was impossible to put down, there were something that personally kept me from rating this one at five stars. I think that this book is one worth reading, and if it sounds like something you might like I definitely recommend giving this one a shot. K.L. Kreig is a great writer, and I look forward to reading more from her in the future.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment