in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 3, 2016

ARC Review: Halo by R.C. Stephens


Halo is my first book by R.C. Stephens, and I am so glad that I took a chance on this new to me author! This book was so good, and I was drawn in right away. As this story unfolded the outside world fell away, and I was fully invested in what was happening for these characters. This might have been the first book I have read from Stephens, but it definitely won't be my last. 

Halo fell in love with Thomas when she was sixteen. Though Thomas was a bit broken, their love was the kind that lasts forever. He told Halo he was going to become a Navy SEAL and at nineteen he enlisted. Halo and Thomas got married at twenty and then five years later, Thomas left a pregnant Halo behind. She was lost and alone until she met Ryder. Ryder was also lost and they fell in love. But Ryder has a secret that could destroy them all. 

I really liked these characters. They were all deep and had so many layers to them. Each of them had been through so much and struggled with things that changed who they were. I can't imagine going through the things that they each did, yet despite how they were each a bit broken, they were also able to move on with their lives and find a way to deal with things. I don't want to get too much into the details, because this book truly needs to be experienced without knowing what happens. But trust me when I say that it wasn't what I thought at all, and I couldn't put this one down until I had devoured every last bit! 

The connection and chemistry between these characters was so strong, and unlike any that I have read before. They just fit perfectly together, and in the end it was so clear that there was no one else for either of them. This book was emotional and sexy, and a truly beautiful story about the fact that love always prevails no matter what. I loved that and thought that R.C. Stephens had a great writing style that captivated me from the start. I highly recommend this one, especially if you like military heroes and emotional romance novels. I look forward to reading more from Stephens in the future.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment