in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

ARC Review: Absolute Trust by Piper J. Drake


Absolute Trust is the third book in the True Heroes series by Piper J. Drake. This is my first book by this author, so I really didn't know what to expect going in. While it is technically a standalone novel and I enjoyed it, I think that it would have been better had I read these in order as there were some things that were referenced from previous books. I had some issues with the story itself as well, and those kept me from being able to fully enjoy this story. 

After several tours of duty, Forte returns home with one goal on his mind...to open up a facility for service dogs. Unfortunately for him though, being home means being around Sophie, the one girl he wants that is off limits to him. Sophie has tried to pick up the pieces and move on since Forte left town without a goodbye, but now that he is back she can't help but remember her feelings for him and all that they could have had together. But when Forte's enemies begin to target Sophie, they both find that they have no choice but to deal with one another and the sparks between them. 

I liked both Forte and Sophie, but honestly I struggled a bit with their relationship. Things seemed to be pretty slow moving and I found my interest waning. I felt their chemistry and the fact that they still had feelings for one another despite everything, but I didn't really ever see that connection. By the time anything really felt like it was happening to me, the story was almost over and so was my interest. 

My other problem here besides the slow moving story was that the ending was the opposite, and it felt like everything happened so quickly and was thrown together. It didn't feel as though the story should have been over and things resolved the way they were, it was unsatisfying and left me on a bit of a sour note. While I think I could have really liked this one, unfortunately it was just okay. While I think that there are readers that will enjoy Absolute Trust and should give this one a shot, sadly it wasn't one that worked for me.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment