in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

ARC Review: Egomaniac by Vi Keeland


I absolutely love Vi Keeland's books! She is a fantastic writer and her stories always draw me right in. For me Vi is an auto-buy, and her newest book Egomaniac did not disappoint! I enjoyed this one from start to finish, and I think readers are going to love this one! 

Emerie Rose gets the shock of her life when she realizes that the intruder in her brand new Park Avenue office is actually the rightful occupant. While he was on vacation Drew Jagger's office was leased to Emerie by a scammer who took off with her life savings. But Drew offers to let her answer his phones while his secretary is out in exchange for allowing her to stay until she finds a new space. They quickly realize that there is more between them than they ever could have expected, but can a divorce attorney and psychologist who helps others save their marriages possibly have a chance at a future together? 

I really liked these two. They were great together and despite their differences were exactly what the other needed. Emerie was a believer in love, committed to helping her patients put their relationships back together and make things work. She was a bit naive at first and I worried that I would have problems liking her, but that quickly changed. Drew was sexy and cynical, and he had every right to be after what he had seen and been through. I couldn't blame him for being scared and wanting nothing to do with marriage, yet I never stopped hoping that he would see that Emerie was different. These two were super hot together, and I loved everything about their growing connection. 

Overall this was a great story, and I liked it a lot. There was one thing that kept this one from being five stars for me, and that was Emerie and her indecisiveness when it came to a situation that I don't want to spoil for readers. I felt like at times she was too hung up on the past and was a bit blind to what was happening, though Drew had no problem telling her what was actually going on. I didn't understand the random thoughts that she would have pertaining to the situation, and I found that it just didn't jive with what was happening with Drew. It just didn't work for me when so much of the time it really seemed like she had moved forward with her life, and then there was a comment or thought out of nowhere that seemed to contradict that. I know that is all a little vague, but I don't want to give anything away for those that haven't read this one yet. Even with that criticism though, I still really enjoyed Drew and Emerie's story, and this one had so many great moments that I didn't want to put it down. It was sweet, sexy, funny and emotional, and I definitely recommend it for fans of contemporary romance. Vi Keeland is an author that I always look forward to, and I am already anxious to see what she has in store for readers next!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |




0 comments :

Post a Comment