in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 27, 2017

ARC Review: Don't Speak by Katy Regnery


I have read and loved each book in the Modern Fairytale series by Katy Regnery. Don't Speak was one that I was really excited for though as I have always loved The Little Mermaid. Katy Regnery did a great job of taking a well known and loved classic and making into something new and modern and completely re-imagined. I think readers are going to love this one! 

Laire was a fisherman's daughter, born and raised on a small island that seemed to be lost in time. After generations of her family living there, her family owned a seafood company, specializing in fresh fish. When Laire was asked to make an important delivery for her father, she met Erik, the son of North Carolina's governor. What started out as a chance meeting quickly became more, and Laire and Erik found themselves embarking on a summer together. Having fallen in love, the two of them dreamed of a future together where they could escape their worlds and the expectations their families had. But when the summer ended in heartbreak, both Laire and Erik were forced to move forward without one another. Years later, they meet back up and quickly realize that not all was as it seemed, and the secrets that kept them apart begin to unravel. But can they have a future together with all that has happened? 

I ended up really loving both Laire and Erik. These two were so perfect for one another, and their connection was so special. I loved seeing them fall for one another and how deep their feelings went. Laire and Erik were very different, yet they made perfect sense together and it was easy to see just how much they meant to one another. Laire was sheltered and naive, yet with Erik she was able to really believe in her dreams and the fact that she could do more with her life. Erik had a perfect life at first glance, yet it was what his parents wanted for him rather than what he truly wanted. I loved that Laire opened him up a bit to a world that he hadn't experienced and I thought that she was just as good for him as he was for her. These two had so much chemistry and the sparks were there from the start. But it was so much more than just chemistry and I felt their connection was one that was undeniable and unable to be broken no matter what these two went through. 

Overall, this was a great story and such an emotional read. Erik and Laire's story was full of heartbreak and obstacles that were always standing in their way, yet it was filled with love and hope and a connection that is pure and rare. I will admit that it took me a bit to get into this story, as the beginning is a bit slow with a lot of details thrown at the reader right away. It was a bit of an info dump, and honestly I kept setting the book down because it just wasn't pulling me in. Luckily I stuck with it though because I know that Katy Regnery is a great writer and I have loved this series. I am so glad that I did as I definitely wasn't disappointed. I think readers will really enjoy this re-imagined Little Mermaid and fall in love with Laire and Erik just like I did.

**ARC Provided by L. Woods PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment