in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 24, 2017

ARC Review: The One That Got Away by Magan Vernon


The One That Got Away is the fourth book in the Friendship, Texas series by Magan Vernon. Each book is a standalone story and you don't need to worry about reading them in order to understand anything. This was a sweet second chance romance and there was a lot to enjoy here. 

Jordan and Abbey were high school sweethearts until he left her behind to got to New York to follow his dreams. Left with a broken heart, Abbey struggled to find her way and move forward with her life. But now four years later they run into each other at an estate sale, and Jordan is determined to get Abbey back. But can they possibly have a second chance after everything that has happened? 

I liked Abbey and Jordan. I thought that they had a lot of chemistry and a great connection. Abbey was really sweet, and was the kind of girl who saw the best in others. She was caring and kind, trusting others to a fault at times. Jordan was sexy and once we got to know him a bit better I understood him and what he did even if I didn't always like it. I thought that they were really great together and it was clear that there were other things going on that kept them from being together, rather than the fact that they no longer cared for one another. It was good to see that their connection was still there after everything.

I will say that at times I struggled with some of the secondary characters though, and there were some I really disliked. This was especially true when it came to Abbey's friends, and a lot of the time I hated how things went down with them. I still liked the story though, and I think that this is one that readers will enjoy. If you are a fan of this series, you will want to check this one out. If you are new to the series or Magan Vernon though, this is one worth taking a chance on.

**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment