in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 20, 2017

ARC Review: Another Postcard by Elle Christensen


I have read and loved books from Elle Christensen before, and I love rockstar romance stories. So I couldn't wait to read Another Postcard after reading the blurb. That being said though, this wasn't exactly what I had been hoping for and I struggled a bit with this one.

With a singer in his band going on maternity leave, Levi Matthews knows that he needs to find someone to fill in but he is wary of bringing someone new in. But he knows that Brooklynn Hawk has a great voice and would be a great addition to the band. Brooklynn's past has kept her from stepping into the spotlight in a permanent way. Can Levi and Brooklynn have the music and more when things become dangerous? 

The best part of this book for me was Levi. He was sexy and charming, and was what kept me reading this one. I have to say though that Brooklynn was the opposite. She is the reason that I almost stopped reading this one. I know she had a lot she had been through but it was almost impossible to warm up to her and took well over half the book for me to even begin to like her. She seemed to do nothing but push others away, and that got really old.

Despite the chemistry that these two had, the first half of this book just seemed to drag for me because of all the pushing. It also felt like there wasn't a lot actually happening in the first half of the story, and it had me wanting to put the book down a few times. Overall, there were some good moments that I enjoyed but instead of loving it, it was just okay for me. If this one sounds like a story you might like, I recommend giving it a shot. Just because this one didn't click for me doesn't mean that it won't be one you enjoy.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment