in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 25, 2017

ARC Review: On the Plus Side by Alison Bliss


On the Plus Side is the first book that I have read from Alison Bliss, but it won't be my last. This is actually the second book in her Perfect Fit series, but each is a standalone story. Not only is this book one of my personal favorite tropes (brother's best friend!) but I loved that it was about a woman with some curves. I am always interested in reading a story about someone I can relate to and the fact that Valerie is sassy and not a size 0 was what had me wanting to read this one more than anything else. 

Valerie has always turned heads with her curves, except for when it comes to her brother's best friend Logan. Determined to finally get his attention, Valerie knows she needs to do what it takes. Logan has always fantasized about Valerie, yet he has also known that she was off-limits. So when she lands a job at his new bar, and Logan finds her naughty to-do list Logan knows that he can't resist her anymore.

I liked these two a lot. Logan was sexy and protective, and the kind of hero that is impossible not to fall for. He was caring and a great guy. Valerie was determined and sassy, and I really felt like I could relate to her. She was a ton of fun and I enjoyed the chemistry and connection between her and Logan. There was an interesting dynamic between these two with them being slightly forbidden and that just made this one that much more enjoyable for me. 

I will say that I had a few issues and those are what kept me from rating this one higher. There were times that Val's brother was just too over the top protective. He went a little crazy and that drove me nuts. The other thing that bothered me was something that Val did and it affected Logan. I felt like things were just kind of flipped and swept under the rug and she wasn't really held accountable for it. She might not have known everything, but she did know that it wasn't a good choice and that had me struggling to move past it. Still a good story, and this won't be the last I read from Alison Bliss.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment