in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 6, 2017

ARC Review: Forgetting You, Forgetting Me by Monica James


Forgetting You, Forgetting Me is the first book in the Memories from Yesterday two book series from Monica James. I knew that this was a series, but I didn't really expect for this one to end the way it did. Now that I have finished though, I definitely need the next book ASAP! Monica James had me invested from page one, and I have to know what happens next for these characters! 

Lucy Tucker thought that she had the perfect life. A dream job that she was passionate about, a loving family and great friends, and a fiance that adored her. But when an accident changes everything, it brings her fiance Sam's twin brother Saxon back home. Soon Lucy finds herself torn between her past and the growing connection between her and Saxon. 

I really struggled at times with some of the things that happened in regards to how Lucy was treated. I felt so badly for her and I was so glad that she had Saxon. I don't want to go into too much detail, but my heart broke for Lucy and some of the things that were said to her. She had lost so much and yet she continued to be kicked while she was down. (not actually kicked-there was no abuse here but you know what i'm saying!) I saw so much growth and change here when it came to her and I really loved the realizations that she made about who she had become. I loved seeing her get her fire back and really come into her own. I don't believe that ever would have happened if not for Saxon and all that she was going through. I really loved Saxon as well, and I felt like he got the short end of the stick a lot here too. This poor guy had been portrayed as the bad guy in a lot of ways, and yet the more we got to know here the more my heart broke for him as well. The chemistry and connection between these two might have seemed forbidden in a lot of ways (and that is what originally drew me to this story) but it was so real and genuine and made perfect sense in the end. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and was captivated from start to finish. This book doesn't end with a huge cliffhanger, yet things are definitely far from over. I really hope that we don't have to wait too long for the conclusion as I need to see how things play out here. After reading this one and seeing all that had happened, it was easy for me to choose a side. I really hope that my guy gets the girl, but I also hope that things work out for everyone involved. I do think that one character has a bit of karma headed their way and I am really looking forward to seeing what Monica James has in store for us next. I recommend reading this one, especially if you are a fan of emotional and genuine romance stories.

**ARC Provided by Sullivan and Partners**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment