in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 12, 2018

ARC Review: Hot Shot by Karina Halle


Karina Halle is one of my favorite authors, and her North Ridge series is at the top of my favorites list so I couldn't wait to finally get Del and Fox's story. This book had a bit of a different feel from the previous two books, but I couldn't get enough of these two. When all was said and done, I wasn't ready to let this group of characters go and I know these will be books I go back and read again in the future. 

Delilah has been in love with her best friend Fox Nelson her entire life, but while all their friends and family know it, Fox doesn't. Delilah prefers to pretend they are just friends and that her feelings don't exist so as not to ruin their friendship and risk losing him forever. Fox has his own secrets though, and while to the world he appears brave, on the inside he is anything but. He knows that Del is the only one that has the ability to quiet the fire that burns inside him. When things between them start to change though, both begin to worry about what that means for their future, especially when Delilah holds another secret that will forever change their lives. 

I loved these two throughout the entire series, and their relationship was the one I wanted most. I love a good friends to lovers romance, and these two had so much going on between them even if nothing had ever happened. I felt for both of them, as they each had secrets and struggles that others were unaware of or unable to do anything about. I will admit that Fox drove me a bit nuts at times here though. He clearly felt something for Delilah and yet he was in denial about it for so long, hurting Delilah without meaning to or really knowing he was doing it. I just kept waiting for him to figure things out and I was glad that ultimately he did, righting more than one part of his life in the process. These two had so much chemistry and were super hot together, which made their unique and undeniable connection that much more special. 

Overall, I was so glad that Karina did these two justice, even if their journey was anything but easy. I felt so much for each of them, and I couldn't put this book down because I had to see how things would play out for Del and Fox. This series is definitely one of my favorites, and not just of Karina's books. I love the characters and this world she built and I am sad to say goodbye. It was a great ending to the series though, and I will have to go back and visit these characters again in the future. I recommend this book and series if you are a contemporary romance fan, and especially if you are a fan of Karina's. Can't wait to see what she writes next!

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment